For the first time in its history, High-Octane Motorsports e.V. participates at FSG
with two cars. Besides the combustion vehicle FAUmax my, a second driverless
combustion vehicle, the FAUmax athena was designed. It is based on the
successful FAUmax lambda of 2018.
We completely built up a new team including a first for the High-Octane
Motorsports e.V.: a software team. For the first time in the team’s history, we
included a e-steering, e-throttle, e-clutch, and the emergency brake system.
Furthermore, the car was updated with new sensors and computing units tailored for autonomous driving.
FAUmax athena is the beginning of an exciting FS Driverless journey.
The chosen concept is essentially based on the following points:
- Simple and reliable construction
- 16” Tires
- A CFRP full monocoque that contains the drivers cell, the engine and its
secondary systems to make a compromise between serviceability, high
integration and superior airflow
- Longitudinally mounted KTM SX-F 450 engine with a displacement upgrade
up to 510 ccm, a compression ratio of 15.1:1 and increased torque
- Computing Unit: Nvidia Drive PX2 Autochauffeur
- Steering: Nanotec ST6018L3008-A
- EBS Motor: Nanotec ST4118D1804-B
- Camera: ZED Stereo Camera
- LiDAR: SiCK MRS1000
At a glance