After eight years of using the Aprilia SXV 550 engine, the FAUmax Kappa features a single cylinder powertrain with the KTM SFX 450 engine. In addition, the new chassis features, a monocoque and a rear chassis that are both made of CFRP, a new suspension design focusing on simple geometry, low weight and low friction and an aerodynamics package that promises more downforce and less drag than its predecessor– excerpt of the design report introduction
- A target weight of 160 Kg
- An aerodynamic package consisting of front, rear, side mounted wings and an undertray
- A Suspension design with corner springs and a minimum of frictional losses. Therefore, no reversing levers.
- 10” tires
- Longitudinally mounted KTM Sx-F 450 engine with appr. 45Kw and an overall weight below 25 Kg
- A CFRP – monocoque as safety cell and a detachable rear frame made from a single CFRP part, that contains all the engines secondary systems to make a compromise between serviceability, high integration and superior airflow.